ForeScout CounterACT is a platform that enables pervasive network security and allows IT organisations to efficiently address numerous access, endpoint compliance and threat management challenges even within today’s complex, dynamic and expansive enterprise networks. Taking advantage of next-gen network access control (NAC) capabilities, CounterACT delivers both real-time intelligence and policy-based control to preempt threats and remediate problems while preserving business productivity.
Solutions to Automate Visibility and Control
Network Access Control
ForeScout CounterACT lets employees, guests and contractors quickly connect, comply and get to appropriate network access, while at the same time providing operations rich device and network access visibility. CounterACT offers extensive guest registration options so you can tailor the admission process to suit your organisation’s needs. Once registered and admitted, CounterACT can limit the user’s access to just the Internet or to specified network resources.
ForeScout CounterACT and ForeScout Mobile provide real-time visibility and control over smartphones, tablets and wireless devices on your network. With CounterACT, users enjoy the connectivity and productivity benefits of using their personal handheld devices while you protect your network against data loss and malicious threats. Control the level of access based on user and device type — Allow, Limit, or Block. For the ultimate in mobile security, utilize ForeScout Mobile in conjunction with CounterACT and gain deep visibility into mobile device security posture, manage device configuration, and integrate with 3rd party MDM systems.
ForeScout CounterACT automatically enforces security policies for everyone and everything on your network, which helps you minimise your security risks. Because CounterACT is agentless, it works with all type of endpoints—managed and unmanaged, known and unknown, physical and virtual. CounterACT can discover security weaknesses with your existing agent-based security systems that would otherwise go undetected.
The ForeScout Difference
ForeScout CounterACT is dramatically easier and faster to deploy than traditional NAC products. Here is why:
- One box, one day to install. Everything is contained in a single appliance. Setup is easy with built-in configuration wizards.
- ForeScout works with what you have. Your existing switches, routers, firewalls, endpoints, patch management systems, antivirus systems, directories, ticketing systems — ForeScout CounterACT works with them. ForeScout CounterACT requires no infrastructure changes or equipment upgrades.
- No software. ForeScout CounterACT is agentless, which means it works with all types of endpoints — managed and unmanaged, known and unknown, authorized and rogue. No client installation is required.
- Non-disruptive. Unlike first generation NAC products that immediately disrupt users with heavy-handed access controls, ForeScout CounterACT can be deployed in a phased approach which minimises disruption and accelerates results. In the initial phase, CounterACT gives you visibility to your trouble spots. When you want to move forward with automated control, you can do so gradually, starting with the most problematic locations and choosing an appropriate enforcement action.
- Accelerated results. ForeScout CounterACT provides useful results on Day 1 by giving you visibility to problems on your network. The built-in knowledge base helps you configure security policies quickly and accurately.
ForeScout CounterACT blocks both known and unknown attacks with 100% accuracy by continuously monitoring network devices for evidence of threatening behavior. The patented ActiveResponse technology does not suffer from false positives so you can confidently deploy ForeScout’s threat prevention system in full blocking mode. Since ActiveResponse does not require signature updates, it’s maintenance free and can ensure that your network is always protected from zero-day attacks, propagating infections and malicious attacks.
ForeScout CounterACT for Network Access Control integrates with your network, security and identity infrastructure to assure the right users and their devices gain appropriate access. Offering a range of built-in policy templates, CounterACT can flexibly manage employee and guest access in a way that is secure and seamless while providing organisations a quick and easy way to enforce Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy.
ForeScout CounterACT has real-time visibility to everything on your network. Built-in reports helps you monitor policy compliance levels, support regulatory audit requirements, and produce on-demand inventory reports. Audit processes that used to take days or weeks can now be satisfied in hours with up-to-the-minute accuracy.